January 2020 - Enthusiastic and focused internal sales engineer needed for standard products
Maximator has a catalogue of standard products, including valves, fittings and tubing for high pressure gases and liquids, together with liquid pumps, gas boosters and air amplifiers. These high quality products are made in Germany and are well liked by our customers. We also supply spare parts for our products.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who loves to speak to customers. Someone who would rather pick up the phone than send an email. Someone who gets things done. This role will be a key position in our small team in Winsford taking care of customer enquiries, helping them get the right gear at the right time. This person will develop their role in the business and use all the tools we have available to grow our standard products business. The right candidate for this role is totally comfortable at a pretty advanced level with spreadsheets, email and all forms of media and web sites (don't worry, you don't have to be a programmer).
We are a flexible organisation and we are good at what we do. We had excellent growth in 2019 and we want to continue that. Here's some more info about the job. If you are interested, call the boss. On his mobile. Any time. Your first challenge is to get his number. Should be easy enough!
Title: Internal Sales
- Combine good technical knowledge with sales skills to competently sell the standard range of Maximator’s Products and services.
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels with technical staff of organisations in the markets we service such as oil & gas, petrochemical, defence, fluid power, gas companies etc.
Key Internal Contacts:
Key External Contacts:
Customers / Field Sales personnel
- Support outside sales team, customers and distribution channel(s) by answering pre-sales questions and inquiries of a technical and commercial nature. Work with the inside technical staff, customers and distribution channel(s) in order to prepare quotes for all our Standard Products lines.
- Receive incoming requests from customers, distributors or colleagues by phone, mail and email; take appropriate decisions to have the request treated on time.
- Provide the required cover for the department. Support the department with order entry duties, handling phone calls and email enquiry support when required (i.e. during colleagues absence)
- Have a good in depth knowledge of Maximator products and the standard systems designed and built by the company.
- Have good market and application knowledge for the area of operation.
- Provide Sales Manager and or External Sales Representative with accurate, up to date information regarding enquiry / quotation activity.
- Maintain a logical record system of correspondence, orders, quotations, pending customer enquiries and maintain the appropriate sales tools.
- Adequately interface with Logistics, Finance, Sales and Product Management and Technical support departments
- Assist with Factory tours for customers when required.
- Assist in preparing Marketing and Exhibition material.
- Maintain appropriate documentation files
- Continually search for new customers that could benefit from the company’s products and services to maximise potential.
- Maintain business from existing long term customers.
- Managing and interpreting customer’s requirements by astute questioning and listening to their needs and persuading them that our products and services will best satisfy them in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Maintain accurate and up to date customer contact data.
- Use every contact as an opportunity to increase knowledge, performance and orders.
- Identify obstacles to winning the account. Liaise with SM to overcome those obstacles
- Respond to and follow up on sales enquiries in a timely manner.